At Palau International Coral Reef Center (PICRC), we are committed to the safety and security of our visitors and staff. As we face many uncertainties with the COVID-19 pandemic, we will take a precautionary approach and implement measures to limit exposure and risk to our partners, collaborators, guest and the public at large. The Center will continue to conduct research but will limit outreach activities to internet and e-mails. Since most flights will be discontinued and schools are closed, we will also close the aquarium to the public. We will continue to work on much needed maintenance and improvement of displays during this time. If you need to contact us please do so by e-mail or phone, as we try to minimize in person contact as much as possible.
- CLOSED TO ALL VISITORS FROM MARCH 29, 2020 to APRIL 12, 2020.
- The Aquarist and Maintenance Teams will continue operations performing major repairs in the aquarium and overall facilities.
- PICRC facilities, including the Palau Aquarium, Gift shop, Research Facilities, Library, Apartments and Conference Rooms, will be CLOSED to all visitors from MARCH 29, 2020 to APRIL 12, 2020.
While work will continue at the Center, our facilities will be closed to visitors.
RESEARCH AND OUTREACH
- Research projects and field work will continue but with limited community involvement.
- All educational/outreach activities that involve group gatherings will be cancelled until further notice. PICRC will participate in the Earth Day Celebrations via ONLINE.
- All internships, including Summer Internship, Term C International Internship, and Milad’l dil Youth Empowerment Program will be cancelled for this year.
These are challenging times for all of us. However, by working together and helping each other, we will get through this challenge. Thank you for your support, partnership and understanding.
For assistance, questions or other inquiries, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (680) 488 6950.