Palau International Coral Reef Internship Program
Palau International Coral Palau International Coral Reef Center envisions people empowered with science and knowledge for effective marine conservation and management. We are proud to offer a variety of internships which will educate and inspire the next generation of advocates and caretakers.
PICRC looks for performance-driven and dedicated individuals for 6 week – 2 month internships. Internships are flexible, but typically our interns work 30+ hour weeks in order to have the time to work in depth on their projects. All interns commit to a regular schedule and are expected to assist in other aspects of the Center when required.
Internship Terms and Application Deadlines
Term A: January 22nd – April 2nd Deadline: November 13th
Term B: April 2nd – June 1st: Deadline: January 22nd
Term C: July 30th – October 2nd Deadline: March 23rd
Personal Research Project:
Each intern will be assigned a mentor and must complete their own research project during their internships. Projects are determined by current research at the Center.
Fieldwork may involve diving and/or snorkeling interns must be SCUBA certified
Interns must be able to spend hours on the water in sometimes unfavorable weather conditions, including high temperatures and heavy rains. Some projects (such as spawning) require experienced divers.
*Not all work will be research based. On average interns should expect to spend 1/3 of their time in the field. The majority of these internship will be spent analyzing data and writing up a report.
• Must be over 18 years old
• College student with a strong interest in biology or a related field
• MUST be using this as part of school requirements
• SCUBA certified depending on project
• Be available to intern on a full-time basis and must be available for all field work;
• Have a mature attitude towards research;
• Be proficient with computers and data entry; specifically using PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products;
• Willingness to spend long hours in front of a computer doing repetitive tasks;
• Have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior organizational skills;
• Have the ability to work well both in a team and independently;
There is no financial compensation for these positions and no housing is provided. Local apartments and housing are available for rent. We can help you make arrangements and get settled in.
Interested candidates should submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• Resume or CV
• School Internship Information – for credits or a grade
• Unofficial transcript
• A cover letter including your availability
• A letter of reference from a professor or professional in your field
• If interested in school credit, must submit all school paperwork ready before applying