Vacancy – Chief Executive Officer
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive salary and benefit package based on qualifications and experience
Opening Date: June 5, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Palau International Coral Reef Center (PICRC) is looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO provides overall leadership and management of PICRC to ensure that its Mission, Goals and Objectives are carried out successfully. Specific responsibilities include defining program objectives and managing the allocation of resources; managing and ensuring efficient operation of the Center; and leading the Center’s fundraising efforts.
• Master degree in management, business or science field
• Experience in senior management positions
• Experience in working with local, regional and international partners and collaborators
• Experience in fundraising
1. To aggressively seek and secure restricted and unrestricted funding sources to cover the cost of the Center’s operation; develop grant proposals for funding assistance; direct the Center’s fundraising efforts and report the results of those efforts to the Board;
2. To attend all meetings of the Board and report on the affairs of the Center; keep the Board advised on the needs of the Center;
3. To manage the facilities and ensure efficient operation of the Center under the general direction of the Board; seek and negotiate service agreements and contracts for professional, legal and technical assistance and services as directed by the Board; provide leadership to facilitate achievement of the Center’s mission and to ensure that missions of the Center are carried out; define program objectives and manage the allocation of resources to achieve program goals;
4. To conduct recruitment, hiring, firing and other forms of disciplinary actions, of employees of the Center with consent of the Board;
5. To approve demands for payment of obligations within the purposes and amounts authorized by the Board; prepare or cause to prepare all plans and specifications for the construction and repair of facilities, vehicles, and equipment owned or operated by the Center.
6. To provide monthly financial statements to the Board, and such other financial or other reports as the Board may require;
7. To cause to be published within 60 days after the end of each fiscal year, a financial and operations statement showing the result of operations for the preceding fiscal year and the financial status of the Center on the last day thereof;
8. To prepare annual business plan and accompanying budget in advance of each fiscal accounting on the Center’s records and reported to the Board annually upon the status of the financial records and accounts maintained by the Center; and
9. To perform other duties as assigned and/or directed by the Board.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your resume, names of two references and a cover letter to Ms. Surech Bells, PICRC Board of Directors Secretary/Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted documents will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Be part of the PICRC Team and contribute to conservation efforts in Palau and the world!