Our research, conservation and education programs would not be possible without your support. No donation is too small to make a difference!
We accept donations of all sizes via credit, debit and online payment. Thank you for your contribution!
You can support our work by joining our allotment program! Allotment program participants can make an endowment directly from their salary and receive a tax refund at the end of the year. Contact us for more details.
Protecting our oceans is everyone’s business! Our sponsors support our work as a leading aquarium and research institute, and receive high-impact visibility as stewards of Palau’s underwater world.
Sponsorship opportunities can suit businesses of all sizes — contact us to learn more!
Support Palau International Coral Reef Center and Palau Aquarium by becoming a member! Your membership will help fund our work as Palau’s leading aquarium and marine research institute.
- Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited visits for members
- 10% off at the Giant Clam Gift Shop
- 5 complimentary passes for your friends
- Complimentary Arts & Tides Calendar
- Complimentary guided tour by appointment
Security Officer (Deadline: March 29, 2023)
DOWNLOAD : Application for Employment Form
We post vacancy announcements on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Follow us for more information!
Palau International Coral Reef Center strives to empower ocean stewardship that sustains people and inspires the world. We are proud to offer a variety of internships to motivate the next generation of ocean advocates and caretakers.
PICRC looks for performance-driven and dedicated individuals for 6 week – 2 month internships. Internships are flexible, but typically our interns work 30+ hour weeks in order to have the time to work in depth on their projects. All interns commit to a regular schedule and are expected to assist in other aspects of the Center when required.
Internship Terms and Application Deadlines
- Term A: January – April Deadline: November 13th
- Term B: April – June Deadline: January 22nd
- Term C: July – October Deadline: March 23rd
Personal Research Project:
Each intern will be assigned a mentor and must complete their own research project during their internships. Projects are determined by current research at the Center.
Fieldwork may involve diving and/or snorkeling. Interns must be SCUBA certified and be able to spend hours on the water in sometimes unfavorable weather conditions, including high temperatures and heavy rains. Some projects (such as spawning) require experienced divers.
*Not all work will be research based. On average interns should expect to spend 1/3 of their time in the field. The majority of the internship will be spent analyzing data and writing up a report.
- Must be over 18 years old
- College student with a strong interest in biology or a related field
- MUST be using this as part of school requirements
- SCUBA certified depending on project
- Be available to intern on a full-time basis and must be available for all field work;
- Have a mature attitude towards research;
- Be proficient with computers and data entry; specifically using PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Willingness to spend long hours in front of a computer doing repetitive tasks;
- Have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior organizational skills;
- Have the ability to work well both in a team and independently;
There is no financial compensation for these positions and no housing is provided. Local apartments and housing are available for rent. We can help you make arrangements and get settled in.
Interested candidates should submit an application to email@example.com with the following:
- Resume or CV
- School Internship Information – for credits or a grade
- Unofficial transcript
- A cover letter including your availability
- A letter of reference from a professor or professional in your field
- If interested in school credit, must submit all school paperwork ready before applying
Keep up with our latest news on our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and News Blog!
Thank you for your interest in supporting Palau Aquarium and Palau International Coral Reef Center as a volunteer. The volunteer program is intended to engage the general public in the work that we do to help manage and conserve Palau’s marine environment. Volunteering with us will increase your conservation knowledge, develop your job skills, and give you the opportunity to give back to your community.
We have volunteer opportunities available with Palau Aquarium, the PICRC Business Office, Public Outreach, PICRC Field Researchers, and our Education Department.
Our volunteers receive 10% off all Giant Clam Gift Shop purchases, invitations to special events, free Palau Aquarium admissions, and our sincere gratitude.
We accept volunteers who are 17 years and older. The volunteer program is an exceptional opportunity for high school seniors and college students to gain valuable work experience and mentorship in a vital, international organization. Community members, too, will find volunteering at PICRC and Palau Aquarium to be an invaluable experience.
Our volunteers must be enthusiastic and committed. We require that new volunteers fill out a volunteer application and commit to one (4) hour shift per week for six weeks at a minimum.
Some volunteer positions may require a larger or different commitment. For example, Field Research volunteers have special, project specific requirements, which, as a general rule are approximately five full consecutive working days (40 hours).